include the driver into the wince 6.0 image

Apr 2, 2009 at 1:55 PM
Edited Apr 2, 2009 at 3:46 PM
Hi All,

A few weeks ago, I bought a silex SX-SDWAG-OPEN SDIO WiFi card. I intended to use it as the WiFi connection for our AT91SAM9263 reference board.  I followed the instruction in README, and built the driver. But after I wrote a small program using the driver APIs, the program did not work on the board. I found if the code included anything, such as classes and functions, from the driver, the program would not work. So I guess that the driver has not been correctly included into the image. How can I check whether the driver is right in the image? I added AR6K_NDIS_SDIO.dll $(_FLATRELEASEDIR)AR6K_NDIS_SDIO.dll NK in platform.bib as well. But it did not work either. There is one issue I thought may be the cause. It is that my WinCE catalog does not have the item AR6K miniport driver (SDIO). In readme, the instruction indicates "the OS must support the SD bus driver and have an SD Host Controller driver (add these from Catalog Items)." I do not know whether this SD bus driver refers to this missing item. However, my colleage who has this catalog item in his WinCE told me the program did not work with the image generated from his machine, neither.
Do I need to have a SDK on the top of this driver or do I need to initialize the driver somehow.

I have no idea where is the problem from.

Any help and advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2009 at 5:50 PM
To use the AR6K driver you must have a BSP setup that has the SDBUS driver in place and an SD Host Controller driver for the platform you are running on.

Regards

Paul
Apr 3, 2009 at 4:47 PM
Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for your reply. I searched the AT91SAM9263 BSP. It has SD host cotroller driver for both bottom slot and top slot. But I did not find the SDBUS driver in this BSP. If the board has SD slot, the BSP should have SD bus driver, right?